The parish hall is currently closed and unlikely to open before September 2021
This information will be reviewed once COVID19 social distancing measures and procedures have been removed
Welcome to Sacred Hearts Parish Hall.
We have a wonderful parish hall for hire at reasonable rates all year round.
Many clubs and activities take place on the premises – take a look at the calendar for further information about these groups. We offer a large attractive hall with a proper stage and changing rooms, a bar/lounge, kitchen facilities and a committee room.
The hall building can be hired on Saturday between 9am and 4pm and from 7pm until 11pm and usually on a Sunday evening after 5pm . There is also some availability during the week, both in the day and in the evening, especially during the school holidays when some of our regular users take a break.
Unfortunately, parking is limited on the site and parish events takes precedence.
The car park is not available during service times and definitely not on Saturdays between 5pm and 7pm and on Sundays between 8am and 12 noon and between 4pm and 6pm
Anybody using the kitchen for preparing food must provide the hall manager with a food hygiene and handling certificate.
Come and have a look at our facilities – our church community gathers for refreshments after the 8.15 am and 10.30 am Masses on a Sunday. We would be happy to show you round and answer any questions you may have.
Hall Manager & Booking Secretary: Mrs Gill Cogram
Please look at our online calendar for availability and then email your enquiry to us with as much detail as possible.
Email or telephone the parish office for a hall bookings – 01242 524932
(Please phone during office hours which are Monday to Friday 10am – 1pm)
We aim to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours (excluding weekends).
If you have not received a reply after this time please contact the parish office on 01242 524932 or email the Parish Office. Thank you.
Hall postal address –
Sacred Hearts Parish Hall
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
SACRED HEARTS’ CHURCH HALL
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Please read this contract before signing the booking form to show you comply.
BEFORE THE LETTING
1.00 FEES AND DEPOSIT
1.01 The Hiring fee must be paid to the Parish Priest or Hall Manager (on behalf of the Diocese) at the time of booking.
1.02 Special arrangements may be made for payment for multiple bookings at the discretion of the Parish Priest.
1.03 An additional deposit may be requested for bookings over 100. This additional fee may be used towards making good any damage or in connection with any other loss resulting whether directly or indirectly from the Hiring
1.04 The payment of an additional deposit does not limit the liability of the Hirer and further monies may be sought from the Hirer if costs fees and expenses exceed the amount of the deposit.
1.05 The balance of any deposit (if any) will be returned to the Hirer
2.00 HIRER’S UNDERTAKINGS
2.01 The Hirer shall in any use of the Hired Space:
2.01.01 be responsible for the Hired Space and the behaviour of all persons connected with the Hiring and their car parking arrangements so as to avoid any obstruction to the Diocese or other users of the Hired Space or the Church or those in the vicinity of the Church
2.01.02 be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all persons entering/using the Hired Space and or entering the Church and its grounds in connection with the Permitted Use (whether formally invited or not) during the Period of Hire and for a reasonable period before and after the Period of Hire
2.01.03 Be aware of and be in compliance with the Diocesan health and safety policy and particularly the fire action notice, fire guidance note and food hygiene requirements as well as any other assessments or guidance relating to the use of the Hired Space
2.01.04 instruct any person attending for the Permitted Use (whether formally invited or not) in the means of escape (fire escapes) and fire action notice in respect of the Hired Space, Church and its grounds
2.01.05 be aware of and in compliance with the Diocesan safeguarding policy.
2.01.06 provide copies of all risk assessments and method statements in connection with the Permitted Use
2.01.07 provide a copy of the Hirer’s safeguarding policy and comply with that policy except where in conflict with the Diocesan safeguarding policy where the Diocesan safeguarding policy will take precedence. Where the Hirer has no policy, the Hirer will comply with the requirements of the Diocese in this respect
2.01.08 prevent the Hired Space being used in such a way which is unlawful or which does or may cause a nuisance annoyance or disturbance to others in the vicinity of the Hired Space or the Church
2.01.09 prevent damage to any part of the Hired Space and which includes but is not limited to any decorations, furniture, fixtures and fittings or building fabric and be liable for any damage to the Hired Space or the Church connected with the Hiring.
2.01.10 in the event of any damage to the Hired Space or the Church or its grounds connected with the Hiring to pay to the Parish Priest on demand the costs of any repair and any loss of income resulting from the Hired Space or the Church not being used which is attributable to the damage
2.01.11 not to move or alter or add to any furniture or equipment without the written approval of the Parish Priest
2.01.12 notwithstanding 2.01.11 above, not to alter, or move any electrical or heating equipment.
2.01.13 not to bring any item of electrical equipment onto the Hired Space without ensuring that: it (or they, cumulatively) will not overload the electrical supply and circuitry, has (or have) been very recently portable appliance tested and that the written permission of the Parish Priest has been obtained
2.01.14 not use any electrical gas or oil powered appliance at the Hired Space without the written approval of the Parish Priest
2.01.15 not to bring into the Hired Space any gas or oil powered appliance including storage cylinders or tanks
2.01.16 prevent the consumption of alcohol gambling or gaming broadcasting filming or public performance on the Hired Space unless the prior written approval of the Parish Priest has been obtained and all statutory requirements are met in full
2.01.17 obtain and comply with any necessary consents, licences or permissions for the use of the Hired Space including (but not limited to) premises licence and Performing Rights Society licence and produce copies of any such consents licences or permissions to the Diocese or the Parish Priest on demand
2.01.18 comply with any other statutory and or common law provisions or requirements or other requirements of any competent authority
2.01.19 prevent smoking on any part of the Hired Space and building
2.01.20 leave the Hired Space and building in a clean and tidy condition and securely locked with all furniture or equipment returned to their original positions (unless otherwise agreed by the Parish Priest)
2.01.21 observe any security requirements for the use of the Hired Space as the Parish Priest may specify
2.01.22 indemnify the Parish Priest and the Diocese from and against all actions proceedings costs claims and demands or other liability which may arise in any way whatsoever in connection with the Hiring including (without limitation) any breach of the terms of this agreement.
2.01.23 not to impede the Diocese or anyone authorised by them in the exercise of the Diocese’s rights of possession and control of the Hired Space and the Church
2.01.24 to observe regulations and/or requirements made by the Parish Priest and/or the Diocese or its representatives from time to time
2.01.25 not to affix or display any signs flags or advertisements at the Church (including the Hired Space) without the Parish Priest’s consent 4
2.01.26 to be responsible for the efficient supervision, safety and good order of all those making use of the Hired Space pursuant to this agreement
3.00 CANCELLATION BY HIRER
3.01 If the Hirer wishes to cancel the Hiring in whole or in part the Hirer must give to the Parish Priest notice to that effect
3.02 If such notice is given not later than one month prior to the Period of the Hiring and if the Diocese is able to effect an alternative hiring then the Diocese will refund to the Hirer the Fee less a 10% administration charge but otherwise the Diocese will be entitled to retain the whole of the Fee
4.00 CANCELLATION BY CLIFTON DIOCESE
4.01 The Diocese or the Parish Priest on behalf of the Diocese may cancel the Hiring if the Hired Space is required for any purpose in connection with a Parliamentary or local government election or if the Hired Space is rendered unusable or (where the Hiring is a repeat hiring) the Hired Space is required for a Diocesan/Parish function on one of the repeat occasions
4.02 If the Hiring is cancelled for any such reason as is mentioned in Condition 4.01 the Diocese will give to the Hirer the maximum practicable notice and refund the Fee (or the relevant proportion) but will not otherwise be liable to the Hirer
5.00 BREACH BY THE HIRER
If the Hirer fails to observe and perform any of these conditions the Diocese may:
5.01 charge to and recover from the Hirer any expenses incurred by the Diocese in remedying any such failure including the cost of employing attendants workmen cleaners or other persons as may be appropriate and
5.02 cancel this or any other hiring of the Hired Space by the Hirer without incurring any liability to the Hirer for the return of any fee or otherwise
6.01 The Diocese gives no warranty that the Hired Space is legally or physically fit or suitable for the Hirer’s purposes and the Hirer must satisfy him/herself as to its suitability
6.02 The Diocese and all persons authorised by it (including the Parish Priest) has the right to enter use and occupy the Hired Space at all times
6.03 The Hiring is by way of a licence and form or does not grant any interest or estate in the Hired Space and does not create the relationship of landlord and tenant
6.04 The Hirer shall pay any VAT chargeable in respect of any supply made to the Hirer
6.05 Neither the Diocese nor the Parish Priest shall be liable for the death of or injury to or damage to any property of or for any losses claims demands actions proceedings damages costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the Hirer or any person enjoying or purporting to enjoy the benefit of this agreement (to the extent that exclusion of such liability is permitted by law)
6.06 The Special Conditions attached shall apply to this agreement
- All events to finish and music to stop by 11.30pm. (We accept that hirers may have to spend a while after 11.30pm tidying up). Hirers must not cause any disturbance to neighbours particularly after 10pm. There is a sound limiter installed on the premises and music must be powered by the electrical sockets in the hall or on the stage. If the sound goes above a pre-set level, then the power will disconnect.
- The full hire fee must be paid before the event. Keys will not be released if full payment has not been made and we do not send out reminders. In the event of cancellation by the hirer, the deposit is not refundable unless 4 weeks’ notice is given.
- Keys to the hall can usually be collected from and returned to the Parish Office, open weekdays 9am-1pm. Keys to internal doors can be found inside the hall and used with permission – please ask for details. No keys will be released without receipt of the final payment and any damage deposit required. Lost keys must be paid for.
- A security guard is required for large evening events. This is provided free of charge when the bar is hired otherwise the hirer is responsible for the cost of a security guard provided by us. A damage deposit of £100 is required for large evening events which will be returned after the event provided the premises are left clean tidy and undamaged.
- Alcohol must be sold through the bar which is not available without the hire of the lounge. No alcohol may be brought on to the premises without prior agreement with the Parish Priest/Hall Manager
- Times of hire must be strictly adhered to – failure to keep to hire times may mean another event overlaps with yours. Where multiple events are taking place on the hall premises, cooperation and respect for the other users are required at all times.
- The car park CAN NOT be hired or used on Saturdays between 5pm and 7pm and on Sundays before 12:30pm. Outside these hours parking is available within the marked parking bays ONLY
- The kitchen and its equipment are available for the use of the hirer. If more than one event is taking place, these facilities must be shared. Catering equipment brought to the hall must be appropriately tested. The hirer/caterer must comply with the Food Safety Act 1990.
- The hirer accepts responsibility for all claims for theft, loss, breakage and damage to property arising from its use, including the misuse of any fire extinguisher. Hirers are responsible for public liability insurance for their event or will be personally liable for any damage costs in full.
- Hirers are responsible for cleaning and tidying up after their event. For large events a compulsory cleaning service is provided at current rates to clean and stack tables/chairs, sweep the floors and clean the toilets. The waste bins in the kitchen area may be used and then emptied into the outside bins. If the premises are not left clean and tidy, we reserve the right to refuse future bookings and retain the damage deposit.
- Outside of the hire times, hirers must not store belongings in any of the rooms at the hall or on the stage without the agreement of the Parish Priest. Tables, chairs and other furniture must be replaced, as found, after the hire. The exception is when the cleaner has been paid to stack the tables/chairs.
- During the hire, the hirer is the responsible person within the meaning of the Regulatory Reform Order 2005 and hirers must make themselves aware of the fire safety arrangements and the fire actions applicable to the hall. See notice in foyer. No flammable materials or sources of naked flame are permitted in the building. No smoking is allowed anywhere on the premises.
- Emergency exits must be kept clear at all times. If music is playing, then doors and windows must be kept closed. A cooling system is available for use – the switch is on the back wall of the hall marked ‘cooling system’. Please switch off after use.
- The hirer must ensure that any electrical equipment brought into the building is in a safe and good order with a current PAT Test. The building installations must not be interfered with or added to in any way.
- Hirers must familiarise themselves with the location of the first aid kit and defibrillator and take precautions for the safety of all persons entering and using the hall during the hire. Details of any accidents must be filled in the accident book, which is kept in the food prep room (adjacent to kitchen) along with first aid kit and defibrillator. All accidents resulting in a call to the emergency services MUST also be reported immediately to the Hall Manager. Contact details are displayed on the foyer noticeboard.
- Hirers must have a charged mobile phone with them for the duration of the hire period so that the emergency services can be contacted.
- Other than communal areas hirers must only use facilities that they have specifically booked.
- Notices and decorations may be attached to any glass surface with ‘white-tac’. Staples, drawing pins and sellotape must NOT be used. Damage resulting from any misuse must be paid for.
- Chairs should be moved using the chair lifters in the hall and lounge and must not be stacked more than 5 high.
- The hall capacity is 200 and this number MUST not be exceeded under any circumstances.
- Access to the premises will not normally be permitted before the time booked on the application for hire. Please advise any catering/entertainment companies of this. Setting up and clearing up time needs to be allowed for in the booking times.
- Kitchen equipment must be thoroughly cleaned and replaced in the cupboards provided. All breakages and damages must be reported to the Hall Manager as soon as possible.
- No foods to be brought to the hall that may cause an offensive smell.
- No notices or leaflets may be displayed on the noticeboard without the prior consent of the Hall Manager.
- Upon vacating the premises hirers are responsible for ensuring that all windows to rooms hired are closed and the doors locked and internal keys returned after use.
- No animals are permitted in to any parts of the building except for registered guide dogs.
- The hall accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded.
- Any organisation hiring the premises where children are involved confirm by signing the application for hire that they have their own ‘Safe to Grow’ or ‘Child Protection Policy’ or similar document safeguarding children that conforms to UK Government guidelines and may be asked to provide a copy prior to hire commencing.
- The Parish Priest reserves the right to refuse any application for hire.
Booking our hall, lounge or meeting room:
PLEASE NOTE: Bookings are for a minimum of a two hour period.
Please look at our online calendar for availability and then email your enquiry to us with as much detail as possible.
Email or telephone for a hall bookings – 01242 524932 [Office hours are 10am until 1pm Monday – Friday]. Outside of these times you will be required to leave a message on the answerphone]
ALL bookings are subject to the approval of the parish priest and users must only park within the allocated marked parking bays
PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETE THE HIRE AGREEMENT AND SIGN PAGE 5
and RETURN THE WHOLE COMPLETED DOCUMENT. THANK YOU
Sacred Hearts hall is an asset of the parish and used for many activities and functions, such as the summer fete, blood donor drives, dances, weddings, coffee mornings, keep-fit classes, children’s dance classes, the U3A bridge club, Probus meetings and many other social and business events.
The administration and maintenance of the hall facilities are overseen through the parish office and falls under the control of the parish priest.
The Hall is available for hire by parishioners and the public
Sacred Hearts Hall and its adjacent Lounge are an important part of the parish and as a parish we are tasked to ensure at all times that the Hall is financially viable and in a fit state for use.
Volunteers from the parish community support each other in their quest to keep the Hall a viable and available asset for the parish, all its parishioners and the wider community.
The bar is an integral part of the hall complex and can be hired by parishioners and non-parishioners separately or in conjunction with any event. All the staff are volunteers with many years experience behind the bar.
We offer a wide range of drinks, both soft and alcoholic and cater for any specific requirements that the hirer may want. We provide cask ales, spirits and various wines. We can offer a package for those extra special occasions such as marriages, anniversaries and birthdays.
The Lounge, which seats up to 60, can be hired separately from the hall and bar and is frequently used for meetings and receptions, including Weightwatchers, Catholic Women’s League and other community and business organisations.
The hall, bar and lounge are booked via the Hall Booking Secretary
To discuss your drinks requirements and our different packages, contact Margaret Gilder
The Hall has a seating capacity (theatre style) of 200 and is used for theatre and music shows, dance and sports classes, family parties and weddings and meetings and conferences. There are 30 tables and approx. 200 chairs available. Doors to the lounge/bar can be opened up to connect the two areas. There is a wireless sound system available for both rooms.
The Committee Room is a small room off the hall which can also be accessed independently from the car park. The large conference table will seat up to 16 people. For smaller groups this an ideal meeting or teaching space. Language study groups are regular users.
The kitchen with food preparation room attached, is off the hall and foyer and can be accessed directly from the car park in order to carry in supplies. The kitchen is free to all hirers and has an oven, hob, microwave, kettle, hot water boiler, 2 sinks, a small dish washer and considerable preparation surfaces. A large selection of crockery and cutlery is also available for users at no charge.
The Lounge can seat 50- 60 with 12 small bar type tables which seat 4 and is often used for dining, meetings and receptions. Within the lounge is the Bar, which can be hired in conjunction with the Hall and/or Lounge.
The Stage is used for performances by community groups throughout the year with tack lighting and other supporting equipment. It also serves as an excellent venue for presentations and dance recitals. There are changing rooms at the back of the stage, which generally serve the squash courts, but performers can change and prepare in this area and use the facilities. There is also an integral presentation screen and projector to use with the built in sound system.
If you require the Bar at your function please remember to complete the Supplementary Form for the Bar hire
The Parish Hall has regular weekly, monthly and yearly activities for parishioners and the wider community organised by a variety of groups. Some of these are listed below.
If you are interested in hiring the hall on a regular or one-off basis, please contact the Hall Booking Secretary, who can arrange the booking. Email is preferred – thank you.
NB – Term time activities follow the Gloucestershire schools term times as far as possible.
Autumn Term 2020
Spring Term 2021
Summer Term 2021
Term 5: Mon 19th April – Fri 28th May 2021
Term 6: Mon 7th June – Weds 21st July 2021
Unless special arrangements have been made all term time activities should operate within these dates.
Charlton Kings Film Society
CKFS is a not-for-profit community cinema, under the auspices of the Sacred Hearts parish, which shows recent releases, classic and foreign films on Friday evenings from September to June. Tickets are £5 (£4 concessions). Yearly memberships are available at £50, but are not required to attend.
For more information, please see our website ckfilmsociety.org.uk.
NHS Blood and Transplant Regional Planning Department Vincent Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham, GB15 2SG 0121 278 4224 NHS BT Accounts Reference 8504
01242 517 316
Arts and Culture
Contacts: Anthony Howlett, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Penny McCracken, email email@example.com
CK Probus Club
Contact: John Palmer (Treasurer)Telephone: 01242 529129 email firstname.lastname@example.org
For details and contact information, please refer to the “Learning Italian” section of the Cheltenham Italian Society’s website at http://www.cheltenhamitaliansociety.org.uk
Contact: Fran Nichols
Get Active classes include body conditioning, fitness pilates, mellow moves for 50 plus.
Free style yoga. No contracts, just pay as you go!
Contact: Ian Marshall
27 BRIZEN LANE, Cheltenham, GL53 0NG
Telephone: 01242 520 718 or 01242 221 296
Janet Marshall, the principal, is a Fellow and Major Examiner of the Imperial Society (ISTD). Our staff have been carefully selected from the professional theatre and teacher training colleges to bring a wealth of different talents together under one roof.
We offer a large range of classes for all age groups in a caring and safe environment. Find out more about ballet, tap, modern dance, jazz and body conditioning in the Cheltenham area.
Contact: Heather ElseRosegarth, Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, GL53 ONJ Telephone: 07771 870 096 Hilary Bate (Treasurer) Telephone: 01242 520508
The Women’s Institute (WI) was formed in 1915 to revitalise rural communities and encourage women to become more involved in producing food during the First World War. Since then the organisation’s aims have broadened and the WI is now the largest voluntary women’s organisation in the UK. The WI will celebrate its centenary in 2015 and currently has 212,526 members in around 6,600 WIs.
The WI plays a unique role in providing women with educational opportunities and the chance to build new skills, to take part in a wide variety of activities and to campaign on issues that matter to them and their communities. Read more.
Contact: Becky Clarke
Telephone: 01242 255369 or 07530 269765 or Email email@example.com
Zumba is a Latin-based dance aerobic class that uses a mixture of international music and easy to follow moves to create an exciting and effective workout.
Contact: Rachel Wait
9 Purley Road, Cirencester, GL7 1EP
Telephone: 01285 652142