From 1st September 2021, ALL members will need to be affiliated with England Squash, who will provide the Public Liability Insurance for Sacred Hearts Squash & Racketball Club to operate.
An additional £12.50 per ADULT member and £10.00 per Under 19s is required when paying your subs
Sacred Hearts Squash and Racketball Club
SACRED HEARTS SQUASH CLUB
The courts shall be available for bookings
7 days a week
10.30 to 21.30 hours
The Sacred Hearts Squash Club, which is adjacent to the Hall and Bar, provides excellent facilities for social squash and racketball for all ages and top class coaching for junior players, some of whom have reached county and national rankings. Membership is open to the general public.
The club’s features include:
Two first-rate squash courts
Easy online booking system
Top class coaching
Men and women changing and shower facilities
Free car park
Security card access
Great value membership plans
The club is run by a steering committee made up of club members and encourages sporting and social contact with the membership.
For more information
Gary Powell by email: WizardsSquash@hotmail.com
Membership & Fees
Adult (19+ yrs)
Students (11–18 yrs)
Juniors (up to 10 yrs, supervised)
From 1st September 2021 ALL members will need to be affiliated with England Squash, who will provide the Public Liability Insurance for Sacred Hearts Squash & Racketball Club to operate. This will add an extra £12.50 per Adult and £10.00 per Student on top of the subscription fee.
The benefits are as follows:
- England Squash Membership allows players to become affiliated with the governing body for squash in England
- Membership allows eligible players to participate in county and national leagues and sanctioned events ( ie County Closed Tornaments).
- Players receive an excellent package of membership benefits, including:
- Personal accident insurance for squash related injuries
- £10m public liability insurance
- Exclusive access to video documentaries and masterclasses
- Access to ‘Raise your Game’ series of video tutorials
- Full membership of Squash Levels – the ranking system for all squash players
Court fees are £4 per 40 minutes, regulated on a coin-operated lighting system. Members may bring guests up to six visits per annum. The squash club year starts 1 September; subscriptions during the year are pro-rata. Court bookings may be made online up to five weeks in advance. A visitor’s fee of £2 is payable with the booking.
There is a viewing area above the courts, and men’s and women’s changing rooms with showers are available. There is also free parking in the Sacred Hearts car park.
Access to the club is by swipe card, 10.15-21.45 hrs, seven days a week (£5 card deposit is payable with the annual subscription).
Group membership is also possible for schools and other bodies that require playing and coaching facilities at certain periods of the year.
For further information on membership, please contact: Gary Powell
Email: WizardsSquash@hotmail.com Tel: 01242 525665.
Please click to download Membership form Membership Application (July 21)
Please click to download Membership form SHSC Membership Form (Sept 21)
CONSTITUTION and RULES
SACRED HEARTS SQUASH CLUB CONSTITUTION and RULES
THE CLUB IS OPERATED BY VOLUNTEERS AND OPERATES OUT OF THE PARISH PREMISES. IN DOING SO THE CLUB ADHERES TO THE DIOCESAN POLICIES RELATING TO SAFEGUARDING AND DATA PROTECTION.
Any reference to the Club implies THE SACRED HEARTS SQUASH AND RACKETBALL CLUB.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB
- To promote the game of squash and racketball.
- To provide a welcoming and helpful environment.
- To ensure the general wellbeing and functioning of the club.
- To provide coaching facilities.
- To encourage and promote youth participation and development.
- The Club cannot be held responsible for injury sustained on Club premises. Members are advised to take out their own ‘Personal Risk’ insurance.
- Players aged 16 or under, must not use the club without an appropriate adult present at all times.
- All player are advised to use eye safety glasses. Players aged 16 and under must wear safety glasses when playing.
- The Club cannot be held responsible for personal property left on Club premises or in the Church car park.
- The club does not have a telephone. Members are strongly advised to have a mobile phone available when playing, in case of emergency.
- The committee reserve the right to refuse membership of the club. The committee also reserve the right to curtail membership in the event of unreasonable behaviour.
- Courts are not to be used for play without courts lights illuminated.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
There shall be an A.G.M of the Club annually, when the business shall be:
- To confirm the Minutes of the proceedings of the previous A.G.M.
- To receive reports from Officers of the Club.
- To elect Officers and Committee members.
- To consider the Rules and approve any changes to the Constitution.
- To discuss matters of importance affecting the general wellbeing and functioning of the Club. 21 days’ notice of such to be submitted in writing to the Club Secretary.
General management and control of the Club shall be the responsibility of the Club Committee consisting of the following who are, in turn, responsible to the Parish Priest
Treasurer Sacred Hearts Parishioner.
- At least two elected members should preferably be female.
- At least two players’ representatives – 1 Male and 1 Female.
Committee meetings should be held every two months or when specifically convened by the Chairman. At such meetings three committee members (including Officers) shall constitute a quorum. Resolutions shall be put to the vote and carried by a single majority. In the event of a tie, the Chairman shall have the casting vote.
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETINGS
Extraordinary General Meetings (E.G.M) may be called within 21 days of receipt, by the Secretary, of a written request signed by at least 15 club members and giving reasons for such a meeting.
At an A.G.M and E.G.M. voting shall be restricted to members only.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Student (up to 18 years old)
HOURS OF PLAY
The courts shall be open for bookings 7 days a week 10.30 to 21.30 hours
Courts can only be booked using our Fastcourts on line booking system.
CARDS FOR ENTRANCE TO CLUB PREMISES
Members will be issued with a numbered door entry Card on payment of a deposit, currently £5, which will be refunded if the card is returned. Door entry cards are not transferable.
Club premises are open to paid-up members and accompanied guests only.
Students under 16 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times. Note that up to the age of 18, players must wear eye protection during play.
Names of guests are to be entered in the Guest Book, on the table on front of court 1. A charge of £2 should be deposited in the black letter box (on the wall to the right of court 1) together with member’s name. Small envelopes for this purpose are supplied nearby. A guest may only play a maximum of 6 times during the club’s financial year.
MEMBERSHIP / ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION
There are three types of membership:
Adult / Partnership/Family / Student
Subscription fees can be found on the Sacred Hearts Squash Club web site: https://www.sacredhearts.org.uk/our-parish/our-parish-squash-and-racket-ball-club
The Membership Fee (Annual Subscription) will be reviewed by the club committee annually. The club’s financial year starts on 1st September. New existing members in arrears will, at the committee’s discretion, have their door entry card blocked with no card refund. A replacement card will be charged for.
Subject to negotiation and agreement by Club committee with School/Group.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS
Members unable to take up bookings, must cancel the booking at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time frame registered.
SECURITY OF PREMISES
In the interests of security, members are requested to ensure that the entrance door is securely closed at all times. Players are asked to switch off lights and heaters, ensuring doors and windows are closed.
Court heaters are to be used sparingly.
Only non-marking sports shoes are to be worn on the courts.
Clifton Diocese (a company limited by guarantee) registered in England and Wales under number 10462076 | Registered Charity No. 1170168 |