Sacred Hearts hall is an asset of the parish and used for many activities and functions, such as the summer fete, blood donor drives, dances, weddings, coffee mornings, keep-fit classes, children’s dance classes, the U3A bridge club, Probus meetings and many other social and business events.
The hall is part of the parish and falls under the control of the parish priest. The day to day running of the hall is overseen by the hall manager employed by the parish and a hall committee made up of volunteers from the parish community, which meets every two months.
- The objectives of the Sacred Hearts Hall Committee are to promote the affairs of the Hall in the best interests of the parish community, in consultation with the parish priest
- The Hall is available for hire by parishioners and the public
- Sacred Hearts Hall and its adjacent Lounge are an important part of the parish and the hall committee is tasked to ensure at all times that the Hall is financially viable and in a fit state for use. This means that its main tasks are repairs, maintenance and meeting current legislation.
- The members of the committee support each other in their quest to keep the Hall a viable and available asset for the parish, all its parishioners and the wider community.
- A Parish AGM is held each year on the last Wednesday in January, when all committees of the parish give an account of their activities and finances.
2018 Hall Committee:
Fr Mark Moran (Chair),
Margaret Richards (CWL & Vice-Chair),
Position vacant (Secretary),
Rosemary Dick (Treasurer),
Shelly Collins (CK Film Society),
Jeanne Flanagan (200 Club),
Ray Goold (Bar Chair),
Peter Eden (Squash Secretary),
Gill Coglan (Hall manager),
Hall Manager & Booking Secretary: Mrs Gill Cogram
Please look at our online calendar for availability and then email your enquiry to us with as much detail as possible.
Email or telephone for a hall bookings – 07340 072677
(Please phone between the hours of 9am to 11am and 3pm to 5pm Monday to Friday)
We aim to reply to all enquiries within 48 hours (excluding weekends).
If you have not received a reply after this time please email again or telephone the parish on 01242 524932. Thank you.
Hall postal address –
Sacred Hearts Parish Hall