Sacred Hearts Annual Fete usually takes place on the second Saturday in June, between 12 noon and 3pm. It is the major fund-raising event in the parish. It always attracts a large crowd of people from the parish, local community and further afield. The funds are divided between the parish and the designated charity.
The beautiful parish grounds provide the backdrop to a traditional church fete with stalls, sideshows, cream teas, a bouncy castle and many other attractions.
It’s a fun afternoon for all ages and as well as raising funds, it provides our community with enjoyment and ensuring that the Church continues to play its part in the thriving life of this village that takes its name from Anglo Saxon t
The Fete Committee:-
- organise the fete, with the initial meeting taking place in January. Yes – it really does take nearly half a year to plan one afternoon’s worth of entertainment!
- the organising group meets 4-5 times in the year
- they manage resources and third-party vendors, and recruit volunteers.
- produce publicity and supervise arrangements
- Attendance on Fete day is recommended to be 8.30 am- 5pm
- NEW volunteers and helpers are always welcome and any new members would be supported by existing members of the committee and by experienced volunteer stallholders on the day