Each and everyone of us are called to play our part in building God’s Kingdom of peace and justice. The parish Justice and Peace group help to inform and support parishioners as they strive to fulfil the commandment to “love your neighbour as yourself” and works to encourage individuals and groups to take that call to heart and respond in practical ways.
As a parish we welcome all who share a vision of a world in which people live in peace and harmony, where our common humanity is respected and all are able to contribute freely to the common good.
‘Let us be protectors of creation, protectors of God’s plan inscribed in nature, protectors of one another and the environment’. Pope Francis
On behalf of the parish the J&P group facilitates or organises:
- Prayers for J&P in a Mass offered for J&P, usually on the first Saturday of each month.
- Raising awareness about live J&P topics and campaigns, and events such as Racial Justice Sunday and Refugee week.
- Fundraising, in particular for an annual good cause. Over time it has addressed shortfalls in funding for education, accommodation, food and sanitation, solar power, and health, in four continents. For 2018 the focus is the Alabare and the Gloucestershire Home for Veterans initiative.
- Letter/Christmas cards to prisoners of conscience abroad.
- Like minded people support each other (and thereby all the parish) on J&P related activities.
- The J&P coordinators meet in the Lampley Room after the J&P Mass (so usually at 9.45 am on the first Saturday of the month.)
- The coffee morning in the Hall on the third Sunday of each month, after morning Masses, is used to highlight J&P issues (and the current fundraising campaign.)
For more information please contact Patrick Shields or phone 01242 570710
FUND raising Plans(for 2018)
Alabare UK: to raise much needed funds for the Homeless and Vulnerable of Gloucester and its surroundings).
Newsletter: J&P (Annual Report) March 2018